As today’s ‘Free The Ocean’ trivia question was based around the amount of plastic packaging in landfills…. it reminded me of a little company I came across a while ago before I was blogging and I want to share them with you.
( If you don’t know about free the Ocean read my post about them here One free and easy way to help clear the ocean of plastic! 🌊💙♻🐳🐬🐟 )
There’s a packaging company who are doing awesome things to improve sustainable packaging options and they are working hard for a greener future. They are called www.lilpackaging.com
It is our dream to one day be known as the company that removed single-use plastics from ecommerce – and for us to become synonymous with plastic-free and ocean-friendly packaging.Lilpackaging.com
What makes them awesome?
They have been working tirelessly with the internet’s biggest retailers helping them make the switch to plastic free packaging preventing 1000’s of tonnes of single use plastics going to landfill and Oceans. They have also recently switched Europe’s biggest internet retailer to their entirely plastic free lil envelopes; produced using 100% biodegradable recycled fibre board!
This company are undeniably doing amazing things 💚💚
What makes them awesome?
- Plastic Free and Recyclable (where possible)
- Inventing sustainable alternatives to plastic
- Sustainably sourced FSC certified
- Low Carbon Footprint (all processes carried out in-house)
- Sizes are extensively researched so you get the snuggest fit – and
- lowest cost mailing tariff
- Fastest to hand-pack
- Europe’s most protective range of cardboard postal packaging
- Reduced return rates by up to 63% (independent stat from a global online retailer)
- Minimised damage and reduced postage costs
- Hot melt adhesive peel and seal closure provides the best seal – at least twice the strength of standard double-sided tape
- Frustration-free tear-strip opening on most items
- Greenest brand of packaging in the market
- Vast quantities of stock holding
- Eco friendly non toxic glues and inks
- Everything we do is tried, tested and perfected through extensive research with the world’s largest online retailers. It’s the reason we’ve the most operationally cost-effective range of eco-friendly cardboard postal packaging on the market.
The big companies they already have on board are: Boots, Sony, Samsung, Clarins, moonpig, Debenhams, Mugler, Hotel Chocolat, John Lewis, Whittard.
But they don’t only work with the big brands, if you have a small business please consider using them as your packaging supplier.
More posts coming soon. Lotsa love Dee! xXx