If this is the first you are hearing about it, I bet you will wish you knew about it sooner!
Sweatcoins is a health app developed to reward you for being active and walking, sweatcoins are earned based on the step count you earn through the day.
Steps are counted indoors and outdoors, for both running and walking. 1000 steps will earn you 1Sweatcoin. (SC)
The app states you should keep the app open when you want your steps to be counted. However, I never keep the app open to help save my battery and it still works in the background 👍🏻 I usually rack up anywhere between 12000 and 16000 steps when I’m on a shift depending how crazy the day is and I do those shifts 3 days a week. On my days off I can do much less, unless I’m out on a long outside walk or if I go for a run. This means I earn around 60-80 SC a week.
Earned sweatcoins go into your sweatcoins ‘wallet’. Where you can view your total any time. You can use them whenever you like on product offers or on crowdfunding projects.
Products will include electronics, but also other products that are sustainable. Recently you were able to purchase a bamboo travel cutlery set for 75sc but I missed out as the next day after I saw it the offer was gone. Gutted! I have purchased beeswax wraps (which are a clingfilm alternative) from the green company store online and they were fantastic. I have also purchased health supplements. Sweatcoins only promote quality products too.
World friendly crowdfunding projects I have donated my sweatcoins to include:
1. Help to install a solar water filter and water well for two rural villages in Tanzania
2. Provide children with bikes to cycle to school in Ghana
3. Plant 5000 mangrove trees in Madagascar
4. Help treat children with parasitic worm infections in Malawi
5. Donate feminine hygiene kits to refugee women and girls
6. Plant 3500 trees for the Orcas in the Pacific Northwest
7. Provide strollers for refugee children in Greece
8. Support the education of disadvantaged children in Columbia
9. Build a hatchery for baby turtles in Indonesia
10. Help build a sanctuary for primates retired from laboratory research
11. Save bees and support sustainable livelihoods in rural Madagascar
12. Help reduce gang and knife crime in East London
13. Improve ocean conservation and protection with Lonely Whale
14. Help to protect the marine environment with Agogie
15. Help people affected by cancer
They usually run around 4 crowdfunding projects at a time, and will not put up new ones until one is fully funded. It’s really easy to donate on the app by clicking on the crowdfunder and typing in how many of your sweatcoins you want to donate. You can go back and donate more when you have earned more if you want to, as many times as you like.
Current crowdfunders at the time of writing this post:
Some of the products currently on offer at the time of writing this post:
I’m actually going to some sweatcoins and give the refillable deodorant a try! So look out for that product review coming soon!!
There’s also a daily bonus option where you can watch a quick video up to 3 times to earn a random amount of sweatcoins which will be credited to your wallet straight away.
I think sweatcoins is pretty awesome. It costs you nothing. It encourages you to be healthy, and also encourages the support of world friendly projects for the better. Honestly, what is there not to like?
Download the SweatCoins app and get started today. It’s very easy to use 👍🏻
Do you already have sweatcoins? Or are you going to try it out? Please comment!
I hope you liked this recommendation and I will be back with more very soon!
Lots a love, Dee! xXx